For more information: Agenda
Registration: Please register here.
Online participation: Please klick here.
We offer technical set-up and virtual test sessions to get to know the virtual conference system (Adobe Connect) on Day 1 & 3 before the event starts – mandatory for active virtual contributions (video and audio)!
In collaboration with the European Joint Programming Initiative on Climate (JPI Climate) the IASS is organising the workshop “Greening the Research System – Towards Climate Friendly Research”. The workshop will take place from 23 to 25 November 2015 at the IASS in Potsdam, Germany.
Achieving global sustainability goals, such as mitigating climate change, will require efforts by all sectors of society. The workshop aims to discuss how the research system can contribute to these goals, and specifically to identify opportunities for, barriers to and merits of conducting research in a more environmentally sustainable way. We would like to address the following questions in particular:
- What are the options to reduce carbon footprint from a researchers perspective?
- What are the options to reduce carbon footprint from an organizational perspective?
- Beyond carbon footprint: What are the social issues in organizational development toward sustainability?
- What are the existing institutional barriers to sustainability and how to overcome them?
- What are the institutional guidelines to sustainability and how to successfully make use of them?
To this end, we aim to bring together a diverse group of individuals, from academic organisations as well as funding agencies, to share insights, experiences and practices from past and ongoing projects. The presenters will include individuals from several European projects who have already gathered experiences in the field of climate friendly research, as well as high-profile speakers. Please find more information in the agenda below.
The conference sessions on Monday, 23 November and Wednesday, 25 November will also be made available for virtual participation, while Tuesday, 24 November is intended as an on-site only interactive workshop day, as you can see in the agenda.
For additional questions or thoughts you would like to share with us, please feel free to contact Aneta Galek at firstname.lastname@example.org.