- On Social Media
- Research, accompany, transform: Our research project on structural change in Lusatia
- Structures in Transformation – Lusatia in Focus
- Lusatia after the Elections – Making Active Citizen Participation a Reality
- Structural change and sustainability must go hand in hand
- Three opinions on the elections
- Beyond coal: fostering the low-carbon transition in Lusatia
Dr. Johannes Staemmler is head of the research group "Regional Sustainability Transformations" and speaker for the area "Democracy and Sustainability". 2018 to 2022 he lead the BMBF-project "Social Transformation and Responsive Policy advice in Lusatia".
He studied International Relations at the University of Technology Dresden and Public Policy at the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin, Germany, where he received a Ph.D. for his work on civil society in shrinking cities.
His previous work emphasized research on and participation in complex transition scenarios, especially within organizations and regional contexts. At the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft, he advised the president on strategy issues. For the Stifterverband, he developed at network instrument to connect local government to research institutions. For the German Mining Museum Bochum, he advises the German government and several Länder on how to deal with the scientifically and culturally important remains of the Soviet-German uranium mining in the GDR. He is co-founder of "Third Generation East".