- Solar thermal power plants: Generating transformation knowledge with open data (Open CSP)
- Identifying positive tipping points towards clean energy transitions in carbon intensive regions (Tipping+)
- The Sustainable Energy Transition Laboratory (SENTINEL)
- Market uptake of solar thermal electricity through cooperation (MUSTEC)
- The transition to a renewable electricity system and its interactions with other policy aims (TRIPOD)
Prof. Dr. Johan Lilliestam leads the Energy Transition Dynamics group at IASS. He holds the professorship for Energy Policy at the University of Potsdam. His research focus is policies, strategies and instruments for a transition to a completely renewable energy system, including the effects of interactions between different energy policies. He currently holds a grant from the European Research Council (ERC).
Before joining IASS, he was Assistant Professor and head of the Renewable Energy Policy Group at the Institute for Environmental Decisions at ETH Zürich, Switzerland, and Senior Scientist in the Climate Policy Group, also at ETH Zürich. He obtained his PhD in Environmental Science and Policy from at the Central European University in Budapest, Hungary, in 2013. From 2007-2013, he was a researcher at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and from 2009-2013 at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) in Laxenburg, Austria.