We cordially invite you to the Climate Opportunity 2019 conference dedicated to “Co-Benefits for Just Energy Futures” on 15 and 16 October 2019 in Berlin. The conference comes between the Climate Week NYC and COP25 in Santiago and will explore the socio-economic potentials of ambitious climate protection that are gaining political and social relevance.
- How can the co-benefits of renewable energy raise the ambition of NDCs in order to deliver on the Paris Agreement?
- How can these social and economic opportunities contribute to the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and facilitate a just transition?
- What political leverage points do we have to maximise health benefits and opportunities for employment and economic prosperity?
- What are the best available tools to assess co-benefits in your country?
Together with international experts from science, public administration, politics, the private sector, and civil society, these and other questions will be addressed at the two-day conference. The first day will present the latest research on co-benefits and has a strong focus on policies and institutional frameworks. The second day is targeted at a scientific audience and will discuss assessment tools and methodologies.
What to expect:
- New results of co-benefits assessments on employment, health, energy access and energy security from several countries, including South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, India and Mexico;
- Debate on how best to carry out co-benefits assessments and use the results to create an enabling policy and institutional framework;
- Networking and sharing experiences with scientists, politicians and civil society actors from around the world;
- Innovative conference formats and special acts;
- Cutting-edge venue at the Futurium in central Berlin.
For any questions regarding the event, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be found here
Attendance by registration only.
Venue: Futurium, Alexanderufer 2, 10117 Berlin