- Air Quality in the Context of Global Change (AQGC)
- ClimPol project: Short-lived Climate-forcing Pollutants – Research Needs and Pathways to Policy Implementation
Interdisciplinary approach, sustainable environmental management, improving environmental decision making, developing countries, increasing stakeholder engagement at all levels, feedback of air pollution and climate change on species and ecosystems, socio-ecological dynamics.
- 2007-2010: BSc Environmental Science – University of Plymouth
- (Honors project: Geochemical assessment of the Rijn-Schie, the Netherlands)
- 2011-2014: MSc Ecology – Bremen University
- (Honors project: Top-down and bottom-up drivers of reef ecology along a eutrophication gradient in the Spermonde Archipelago, Indonesia).
Selected Publications prior to joining the IASS
- Plass-Johnson J.G., H. Schwieder, J. Heiden, L. Weiand, C. Wild, J. Jompa, S.C.A. Ferse & M. Teichberg (2015): A recent outbreak of the crown-of-thorns starfish (Acanthaster planci) in the Spermonde Archipelago, Indonesia. Regional Environmental Change 15(6): 1157-1162. doi:10.1007/s10113-015-0821-2.