- ClimPol: Short-lived Climate-forcing Pollutants: Research Needs and Pathways to Policy Implementation
- Improving the chemical composition of NMVOC emissions
- BÄRLIN-2014: Berlin Air Quality and Ecosystem Research: Local and long-range Impact of anthropogenic and Natural hydrocarbons
air pollution and climate change interactions and feedbacks, co-benefits and trade-offs of air quality and climate change policies, short-lived climate-forcing pollutants, urban air pollution and megacities, ozone, long-term trends in atmospheric composition, emissions, emission inventories, non-methane volatile organic compounds, ozone precursors, aerosols, source apportionment, measurements and monitoring, policy, science communication, inter- and transdisciplinary methods, sustainable (urban) development
- 2012-current: Research Scientist at IASS, Potsdam, Germany
- 2011-2012: AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellow, Directorate of Geosciences, National Science Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
- 2009-2011: Research Associate, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
- 2009: Research Associate, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- 2005-2008: PhD in Environmental Chemistry and Technology (atmospheric chemistry), University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
- 2000-2004: Bachelor of Science (Chemistry, Mathematics), University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA, USA
Selected Publications prior to joining the IASS
- von Schneidemesser, E., Monks, P.S., Gros, V., Gauduin, J., Sanchez, O. (2011) How important is biogenic isoprene in an urban environment? A study in London and Paris. Geophysical Research Letters 38, L19804.
- von Schneidemesser, E., Monks, P.S., Plass-Duelmer, C. (2010) Global Comparison of VOC and CO Observations in Urban Areas. Atmospheric Environment 44, (39) 5053-5064.
- von Schneidemesser, E., Zhou, J., Stone, E.A., Schauer, J.J., Shpund, J., Brenner, S., Qasrawi, R., Abdeen, Z., Sarnat, J.A. (2010). Spatial Variability of Carbonaceous Aerosol Concentrations in East and West Jerusalem. Environmental Science and Technology 44 (6), 1911-1917.
- von Schneidemesser, E., Stone, E.A., Quraishi, T., Shafer, M.M., Schauer, J.J. (2010). Toxic metals in the atmosphere in Lahore, Pakistan. Science of the Total Environment, 408, (7) 1640-1648.
- von Schneidemesser, E., Schauer, J.J., Hagler, G.W., and Bergin, M.H. (2009). Concentrations and Sources of Carbonaceous Aerosol in the Atmosphere of Summit, Greenland. Atmospheric Environment 43, (27) 4155-4162.
- Global Emissions Initiative (GEIA) ‘NMVOCs in Emission Inventories’ Working Group Chair
- Tropospheric Ozone Assessment Report (TOAR) ‘European Working Group’ Chair
- Twitter: @erika_vons
- Sustainable strategies to mitigate climate and improve public health in developed and developing countries, at the Our Common Future Under Climate Change Conference, July 2015, Paris, France.
- Chemistry-Climate Interactions, and Metrics to Inform Climate and Environmental Policies and Assessments, at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly, May 2014, Vienna, Austria.
- Linking Air Quality and Climate Change Metrics, at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, December 2013, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Air Quality and Climate Change: Science and Policy Challenges, at the AAAS Annual Meeting, February 2014, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Enhancing Interactions between GEC Science and the Development Agenda: A Roundtable, and A Dialogue, at the Planet Under Pressure Conference, March 2012, London, UK.
- Bridging the Gap Between Global Environmental Change Research and Development, at the AAAS Annual Meeting, February 2013, Boston, MA, USA.
For more information and a complete list of publications, please see my Linked In page.