Project Leader ELIAS
+49 331 28822-359
- Environmental Law and Institutions for Air, Climate and Sustainability (ELIAS)
- IASS Communication Focal Point for the Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC)
- International and European Environmental Law & Policy
- Climate Change
- Air Quality
- Sustainable Development
- United Nations
- International and European Climate Law & Policy
- Climate and Clean Air Coalition to Reduce Short-Lived Climate Pollutants (CCAC)
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable Cities
- 2014-present: Member of the Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) Steering Committee
- 2012-present: Project Leader within SIWA Cluster at IASS Potsdam, Germany
- 2011-2012: Associate, Global Issues Division, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP), Berlin, Germany
- 2007-2011: Research Assistant and Lecturer, Chair of International, European and Public Law, School of Law, Technical University Dresden, Germany
- 2010: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Fellowship for PhD research studies at the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in Washington, DC, USA
Selected Publications prior to joining the IASS
- Lode, Birgit/Schaub, Jonathan: Rio+20: Hoffnung für Schutz und nach haltige Nutzung der Hohen See, Gipfelerklärung könnte Ergänzung der VN-Seerechtskonvention beschleunigen, SWP Aktuell, Oktober 2012.
- Beisheim, Marianne/Lode, Birgit/Simon, Nils: Rio+20 Realpolitik and Its Implications for ¨The Future We Want¨, SWP Comments, August 2012.
- Lode, Birgit: SDGs: A Renewed Commitment to Implementing Existing and Emerging Sustainable Development Goals?, in: Beisheim, Marianne/Dröge, Susanne (eds.): UNCSD Rio 2012. Twenty Years of Sustainability Policies – Now Put into Practice?, SWP Research Paper, June 2012, 31-40.
- Beisheim, Marianne/Lode, Birgit/Simon, Nils: A Sustainable Development Council: Relaunching Global Sustainability Policy and Politics, in: Beisheim, Marianne/Dröge, Susanne (eds.): UNCSD Rio 2012. Twenty Years of Sustainability Policies – Now Put into Practice?, SWP Research Paper, June 2012, 55-71.
- Lode, Birgit/Meyer-Ohlendorf, Nils: Rio+20: Sustainable Development Goals – The Environmental Pillar, Rigorous stock-taking and present proposals, SWP Working Paper, April 2012.
- Lode, Birgit: Viewpoints: What do you think should be the two or three highest priority political outcomes of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), scheduled for Rio de Janeiro in June 2012?, in: Natural Resources Forum 35 (2011), 334-342.
- Beisheim, Marianne/Lode, Birgit/Simon, Nils: A Sustainable Development Council, In the Run-up to Rio 2012: Options for Reforming the UN Sustainability Institutions, SWP Comments, October 2011.
- Member of the Interest Group on Interantional Environmental Law of the American Society of International Law
- Member of the Interest Group on International Environmental Law of the European Society of International Law
Selected Lectures and Speeches
- since 2013: Guest Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Potsdam, Germany
"European and International Environmental Law"
- 2012-present: Guest Lecturer, Technical University Dresden, Germany
- Lectures on International Environmental Law, the Bretton Woods Institutions, and the World Bank Group's Environmental and Social Policies and Practice
- Seminar on Current Developments in International Environmental Law
Honors and Awards
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Fellowship for PhD research studies in Washington, DC, USA
- Association of Friends and Sponsors of TU Dresden e.V., travel grant for PhD research studies at the World Bank in Paris, France